Wind helped us discover our planet, and now it can help us preserve it. Our vision is to provide wings for a shipping revolution, and we have two strong mother companies to back us up: Alfa Laval and Wallenius.
Would you like to contribute to this change, then join our fast-growing, highly competent, and passionate team in Stockholm, Sweden. AlfaWall Oceanbird AB is a 50/50 joint venture, owned by Alfa Laval and Wallenius but operated as an independent company. We are developing wing sail technology for the global shipping market and are now looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to our team based in Tumba, Stockholm.
What will you do?
We are looking for an experienced engineer that can combine mechanical design and structural engineering skills in solving the complex challenges of getting wing sails onboard large ocean-going ships. The focus will be on taking responsibility for development of our laminated composite components. However, the detailed job description and responsibilities can be adapted depending on the experience of the applicant.
The key tasks will be:
- Design development and analysis of our composite structures for prototypes and products and serve as the subject matter expert in composite materials and manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, including aerodynamics, mechanical design, and manufacturing, to ensure seamless integration of composite components into our wing sail systems.
- Utilize extensive experience in composite design and analysis (e.g. ANSYS ACP) to optimize structures for performance, weight, and efficiency.
- Prepare design documentation in-line with relevant design standards to be certified by classification societies (e.g. DNV).
- Follow the latest developments in composite materials, manufacturing techniques, and design software to drive continuous improvement and innovation for our company.