AlfaWall Oceanbird AB is a 50/50 joint venture, owned by Alfa Laval and Wallenius but operated as an independent company. We are developing wind power solutions that will revolutionize shipping – an industry that is responsible for 3% of global greenhouse gas emissions. If the shipping industry was a country, it would be the sixth biggest polluter, that we are going to change!
The Customer Project department holds the responsibility for executing wing sail installations, in addition to conducting preliminary studies for installing wing sails on existing and newbuilds. Throughout the entire installation process, our team is committed to engaging with customers and design firms at the utmost technical proficiency, ensuring excellence in every phase.
About the job
Currently, in the initial stages, we are actively seeking an individual with expertise in developing simulation models. This person will assist us in effectively demonstrating the performance of our wing sails. The primary objective of the simulation model will be to accurately predict force equilibrium for specific vessels and various wing sail installations across different operational areas while minimizing the power requirement.
- Development of simulation models for performance prediction and performance monitoring.
- Owner of toolboxes related to PPP (Power Prediction Program)
- Aerodynamic models of wing sails and vessels
- Hydrodynamic models of hull and rudder
- Engine and propeller models
- Weather statistical models
- Routing models.
- Reviewing and managing stakeholder requirements.
- Support sales with technical input and expertise.
What you know
- Hold a master’s degree or PhD in naval architecture, aerodynamics, or hydrodynamics.
- Fluent programming skills using MATLAB and Python.
- Optimization algorithms.
Who you are
- Strong team player, you thrive working together with other people and competences in reaching a common goal and contribute to sustainable shipping.
- Self-going and self-motivated.
For more information, please contact
Emil Kotz, Customer Project Manager +46 762 381 989
Regina García Moguel, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Francisco Garcia, Akademikerföreningen, +46 733 995 684
Tommy Bruzell, Unionen, +46 730 918 153
We review applications continually so please send in your application as soon as possible but not later than 18th of June. We don’t accept applications sent directly via email.